18 January 2012

A Fancy Fold

Wow, it's been a while since I posted, the holidays have been the absolute slow-down required after a busy year.  That doesn't mean I haven't been at my craft table - I've been making a few different cards recently that I look forward to sharing with you soon.  This one was made just before Christmas, using a fold I learned at the Stampin' Up! Melbourne regionals.  This clever fancy fold uses circle punches and the Perfect Pennants die (a scallop or other circular shape would work too).  I re-created this interactive opening on a card to farewell my son's teacher. To accommodate the entire class signing the card, I used a whole A4 sheet and scored it to make a gate fold opening. The "Under the Big Top"stamp set was perfect for the occasion and suited the size of the card so well.  Inside I put my "Pennant Parade"stamp set and matching punch to good use.  The children all wrote messages on separate pieces of cardstock that I adhered inside the card - it saved lots of time getting their signatures and avoided writing/spelling mishaps..... which are inevitable in a grade 2 class!



Cardstock: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Basic Grey, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral
Stamps:  Under The Big Top, Pennant Parade, Just Perfect Alpha
Acc:  DSP paper stack, 1 3/4"circle punch, Perfect Pennants Big Shot die, Pennants builder punch, 3/4" circle punch, blender pen, dimensionals

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...