28 August 2012

Pool Party Wedding in Paradise


A few weeks ago I posted about using our Stampin' Up ink refills to dye paper and fabric - I had decided to dye the white flowers for my daughter's flower girl dress.  Well the photo below shows the end result, a lovely tinted row of petals along the hem of her dress to match her sash.  The pool party colour theme continued throughout the wedding, which was fitting as the wedding took place on the beautiful island of Koh Samui, Thailand.



More Stampin' Up love was shared at the wedding with the placecards and table numbers to greet guests.  The guests' names were printed onto Very Vanilla cardstock and then I stamped the border in Pool Party ink before punching out.  The oval border is actually from a Christmas stamp set, but it was ideal for this.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up all of the frames around the pre-printed names.  

Have you ever wondered how to get the lovely Stampin' Up colours on your home printer?  I set my text to print as close to Island Indigo ink as possible by using the RGB colours listed here.  

The heart-patterned adorning accents folder was perfect for the bottom edge of each placecard and of course we used the matching pool party ribbon. The flower was punched from the Itty Bitty Punch pack and then a tinted pool party pearl applied to the centre.  Stay tuned for a post about tinting our pearls to match!  The table numbers were very similar, I used the (almost retired) Simple Numbers Big Shot die to cut each table number from Island Indigo cardstock.



Cardstock:  Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Island Indigo, Rose Red
Ink:  Pool Party
Stamps:  Joyous Celebrations 128066 (Holiday catalogue from Sept 1st 2012)
Acc:  Pool Party ruffled ribbon, Adorning Accents embossing folder, Extra-Large Oval punch, Simple Numbers bigz die, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Adhesive pearls

Happy Stamping,

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I am in love with this fantastic post about pool party wedding in Paradise. Thanks for sharing these details and photos here. At prettiest beachside wedding venues in Malibu I too will be marrying in next month. I would love to share these photos on my weblog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...