14 October 2014

Groovy Love Pop Up Slider Card


My lovely friend Tanya created a lovely slider pop-up card that inspired me to make this version of my own.  I incorporated the fabulous "Groovy Love" stamp set as well as "On Film" framelits to create a window card......


 that opens to reveal a fun slider...... 


and a surprise message!


Using washi tape to bind the edges to make a pocket for the slider piece allowed a smooth sliding mechanism.  I had to plan where the window was placed in order to show off the hearts, so I cut out a template from scrap paper and used that for placement before carefully cutting out the window and using film strip negative as a border.  I neatened the reverse of the window with a second film piece (and to hide my imperfect cutting!).


Try this pop up slider mechanism for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYS2WIEOEbQ 

Happy Stamping,

2 comments:

  1. Hi , great tutorial but maybe you could have added in the dimensions of the card itself ... one piece is no good without the other unfortunately .... Get the one you love. The best wholesale kirigami i ever see.. Maybe you will like that website.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...